Sources of Data:-
- Website (GA)
- 3rd party tools (general practical purposes)
Purpose of GA
Why we track in the first place.
Where are your traffic/people coming from (Linkedin, Facebook etc.). Good example of offline marketing or acquisition is MYEG.
Dimensions (Rows)always green vs
Metrics (Columns)always blue.
Dimensionshas about two levels versus
Metricswhich could have a lot (more than two).
Once you acquired them, what do you want them to do on your site? Define what those actions are. Answer: create
Returning visitors. "Stickiness".
Self-explanatory. This could overlap with
- At the end of the day, it works as "Report Card" to tell about your site performance against your intended goals.
- Google Experiments
Profilechanges is NOT retrospective.
Setting Up an Account
50Profiles per Account
1250of total Profiles
10 MillionPageviews limit (monthly)
- Time Zones (Set Up Once Only)
- Names of Accounts/Profiles can be changed/deleted
(Bonus) Property Settings > WebMaster Tools Settings
Anatomy Of A Visit
30 minutesis typically length of a visit/session expires
Pageload, that's a
- GA Query Explorer 2
Pre-defined goals based on site types [?]
- Total of 5 goals in one set. There are 4 sets. (20 goals)
Goals, there's funnel visualization.
- Study custom reporting pre-defines and popular reporting
- Only dimensions
Filtersfor Custom Reports. No
- Events related conversions (Phone Call etc.)
- use campaigns builder here
- Especially useful for
Head Match- to cater
thankyou.htmlwith dynamic urls (such as invoices etc.)
Virtual Pageviews (track AJAX non-reloaded page)
_setCustomVar( index, (required) name, (required) value, (required) opt_scope (optional) )
I think this is put inside
opt_scope has 3 diff levels:-
Subscribe to Ajmal Afif's blog
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox